Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Simple Turkey RollUp

After Thanksgiving, I had plenty of store bought, sliced turkey lunchmeat in the freezer. I like turkey.
 
It took a day or two to figure out that making a Turkey RollUp would be a great way to use the slices of turkey lunchmeat. I had some basic ingredients: Italian lettuce, cream cheese, shredded mixed cheese and some salsa.
 
When I like something I eat a lot of it. So, for about 3 days, I ate several Turkey RollUps and I was happy. Plus, I had to use that lettuce, quickly.

As I started to write this post, I wondered what is the difference between a RollUp and a Wrap? A quick internet search did not answer the question. But, in my mind, the ingredients in a RollUp are less than a Wrap, a Wrap is bulkier than a RollUp. Plus, with some Rollups, once you've made a RollUp, you can slice it vertically and make Pinwheel appetizers.
 
 
Simple Turkey RollUp
 
Ingredients:
 
1 Flour Tortilla
1 TBspn Cream Cheese
Add Ground black pepper, to taste
1 TBspn Mixed cheese, grated
1 Slice of Lunchmeat
1 Palmful of Italian lettuce or other greenery, shredded
1 Tspn of Canned salsa
 
 
Process:
 
Place tortilla on a plate.
Spread the cream cheese over the whole tortilla.
Sprinkle with ground black pepper.
Sprinkle on grated cheese.
Add lunchmeat.
Add lettuce.
Sprinkle salsa over the lettuce.
Pick an edge of the tortilla and roll it tightly towards the other edge.



Resource:
In my internet search regarding RollUps and Wraps, I found this recipe on one of my favorite recipe websites, SpruceEats:

Low Calorie Ham and Turkey Wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.