Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

A Tostado Bowl

They say necessity is the mother of invention.
 
Maybe. When I found myself without any "baked" corn tortillas or toast to make a tostado, a light bulb went off, make a tortilla-less tostado, make it in a bowl. I have avoided Bowl recipes for some reason but this Tortilla-less Tostado recipe works great as a Bowl recipe.
 
While in my Tostado phase, you will see various Tostado recipes and the ingredients will vary slightly.



A Tostado Bowl
 
Pre-preparation:

DIY Sour Cream
In a refrigerator container with a lid,
Add 3 TBspns of cream.
Add 1 TBspn of apple cider vinegar.
Stir cream and vinegar together.
Cover and store in frig for 10-30 minutes. 
 
Tostado Table of layers / Ingredients:
 
"Baked" corn tortilla / tostado (Optional)
1-2 TBspns Frijoles mashed or Canned black beans
1-2 Shakes Garlic powder
1 1/2 TBspns Canned or cooked chicken, diced or 1 Slice of Turkey Lunchmeat, sliced
2 Shakes Onion flakes
1 TBspn Canned Salsa
Black pepper (Optional)
1-3 TBspns Lettuce slivers, Salad, or coleslaw mix, or cabbage slivers
1-3 Avocado slices or guacamole (Optional)
1-2 TBspns Cheese, shredded or grated
1 -2 TBspns DIY Sour cream
 
 
Process:
 
If you don't have a "baked" tortilla, use a bowl.
Add ingredients in the order of the table above.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.