Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 4, 2021

DIY: Tech Fix for Fraying Cell Phone and Other Devices' Power Cords

 I ODed on watching YouTube DIY videos. While I tried to save the video links and make notes of some of the ideas in the videos in order to give credit, I can't find the video where I got this idea. It's a great idea to save the wear and tear on personal devices power cords.

Mine were in pretty bad shape and this repair has given them a longer life.
 
Basically, you wrap the cord tightly with a strong, thin string, or strips of cloth, or ribbon starting from the top and past the damaged area. I had to tape the top and bottom to hold it in place.
 

DIY Tech Fix for Fraying Power Cords

Original

 
Repaired

 
 
Original

 

Repaired

 

2 comments:

  1. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. cell phone repair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Post! Thanks for sharing valuable information. It was pretty interesting. It's an excellent option to visit a repair professional to get your phone fixed. If you want any help regarding Smartphone Repair, visit iFixScreens Store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.