Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, January 2, 2021

Microwave: Salmon Melt

The Spruce Eats comes to the rescue, again.
 
I was tired. I had a can of salmon. But, when I thought of my existing recipes using salmon, I wanted to try something different. I went straight to The Spruce Eats and found many canned salmon recipes.
 
Of course, I did not have all the ingredients recommended, so I adapted the recipe and it turned out great.

 
Microwave: Salmon Melt
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1 140g (5 oz) can boneless, skinless salmon, drained
4 TBspns Frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and diced
3 Shakes Dry onion flakes

2 Spears DIY pickles, diced
2-3 Tspns Pickle juice
1 Tspn Yellow mustard
2-3 TBspns Mayo
4 Shakes Dry parsley
S/P to taste
1-3 Drops Hot sauce
1 Slice Toast
1-2 TBspns Mixed cheese, shredded or grated

 
Process:
 
In a container with a lid, add salmon with cooked, diced vegs, onion flakes, pickle spears and juice, mustard, parsley, S/P, and hot sauce.
Stir and mix ingredients thoroughly.
Refrig mixture for 8 hours.
Remove.
Place toast on plate.
Spread 1-2 TBspns of mixture over toast.
Top with cheese.
Place in microwave.
Microwave on high for 30 seconds or a more to melt cheese.
 

While this was a little messy, when I made another melt, I used less of the mixture and it was a tidier meal.

Surprisingly, the pickle juice, and the diced vegetables really added more flavor when combined with the cheese.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.