Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, January 25, 2021

Skillet: Chicken and Vegetable Hash (Toast Topping)

I had a bell pepper I had to use before it went bad. I did not want to do the usual dice it up and freeze it. So, I hunted down a few recipes where I could use fresh diced bell pepper.

This one is great for using vegetable and chicken leftovers.

 


Ingredients:

Vegetable oil
1/2 Tspn Onion flakes
1/2 Tspn Garlic powder
1-3 Drops Hot sauce
2 Grinds Black pepper
1/4 Bell pepper, diced or 1/2 Cup Frozen mixed vegetable, drained, rinsed, cooked
1/4 Cup Canned Mushrooms, drained, rinsed, sliced
1/4 Cup Potato, cooked, diced (Optional)
1/4 Cup Chicken, cooked, diced

Optional sauce:
2 TBspns BBQ sauce
2 TBspns Milk
Add ingredients to a separate bowl. Mix well and set aside.
 

Process:

Add oil to skillet.
Add onion, garlic, hot sauce, black pepper.
Stir and mix.
Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
Add bell pepper and mushrooms.
Stir ingredients thoroughly.
Sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium.
Add potatoes. (Optional)
Add vegetables. (Optional)
Add chicken.
Mix ingredients.
Cook on medium-high until cooked and warmed throughout.
Stir frequently.
 
Optional sauce: add 1 TBspn of BBQ sauce into mixture or as a topping.

Variation: Serve as a Toast Topping.
Spread 1 Tspn mayo over toast.
Add some hash to top of toast.
Option: Top with 1 Tspn if BBQ sauce.

For me, the “heat” factor was high.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.