Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, December 21, 2020

Microwave: Mug O'Frittata

Over time, I shifted from making a Mug dish and eating it straight from the mug to using the recipe as a Toast Topping. Now, I am using various recipes as a Quesadilla filling.
 
Also, over time, I have moved away from frying foods. Plus, I hardly every use salt in my recipes because often many of the ingredients already contain salt.
 
I do attempt to make my recipes GERD-friendly. This can not be labelled GERD-friendly primarily because it contains cheeses.
 
 
Mug O’Frittata 


Ingredients:

1 Slice Multigrain toast or “fried” Tortilla*
1 Dab of Olive oil
1 Egg
1 Dollop of Milk (lactose-free)
1-2 Drops Hot sauce
1 Tspn Parsley, dry
S/P to taste
1-2 TBspns Hard or mixed cheeses, grated
1 Slice of Turkey lunchmeat, torn into pieces
2 Heaping TBspns Canned mixed vegetable, drained & rinsed, or frozen mixed vegetables
Mayo (Optional)
Topping: 1 TBspn Canned Mushroom slices / bits, rinsed (Optional)
Garnish: parmesan cheese (Optional)
 

Process:

Add oil to mug, swirl to cover bottom and sides.
Add egg, milk, spices and S/P.
Stir and whip thoroughly.
Add cheese, vegetables and turkey pieces.
Stir and mix well.
Top with mushrooms.
Microwave on high 2 minutes.
Check to make sure all liquids have been cooked off, if not microwave 60secs or more.
Remove and garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Spread some mayo over toast or "fried" quesadilla.
Mash and spread the mixture over toast, or a tortilla and fold (It will be stuffed).




 
 
I did not use the mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, or put mayo on the "fried" quesadilla and it was fabulous and filling.


*Note: I microwaved the tortilla for about 60sec on high to "fry" it. A microwaved tortilla is not as good as a fried tortilla but I am just not frying much these days.
 
To fry a tortilla, put a bit of oil in a skillet and brown the tortilla on both sides and then while still in the skillet fill one side of the tortilla, fold over and cook a bit more. Then remove from skillet to plate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.