Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Microwave and Stovetop: Peanut Butter Popcorn

I am always amazed when I crave a snack or dessert or other food information, Spruce Eats has what I want. Plus, I like their website, it is attractive, well-organized and user friendly.

It wasn't until I searched for popcorn recipes did I realize all the ways you can "flavor" or use popcorn as a snack or dessert.
 
 
Microwave and Stovetop: Peanut Butter Popcorn

 
1-2 Servings
 
Pre-preparation: 
Make 2-4 cups of popped popcorn.*


Ingredients:

2 Cups Popcorn, popped
2 Dollops Olive oil
2 TBspns Sugar
3 Dollops Honey
2 Dollops Vanilla flavoring
3 Heaping TBspns Creamy Peanut Butter
 

Process:

Place 2 cups of popped popcorn in a container with a lid.
Reserve any remaining popcorn for later use.
In a pan, add olive oil, sugar, honey, vanilla flavoring.
Cook on high.
Stir continually as mixture begins to boil.
Add peanut butter.
Stir thoroughly.
Reduce heat if necessary to avoid burning.
Remove from stovetop.
Spoon the amount of mixture you desire over popcorn.
Stir to coat the popcorn. It may be an uneven coating.
Reserve any remaining mixture in frig for later use.
Serve popcorn as a snack or treat.
Store any leftovers in frig.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*I made my popcorn in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.