Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Matchstick Zucchini and Almonds

Matchstick Zucchini and Almonds
(Adapted from: https://smittenkitchen.com/2007/08/quick-zucchini-saute/)

After bringing home a few vegetables from a local market, I needed to find ways to prepare them.


(1 dragonfruit, 1 chayote, 2 patty pan squash, 1 zucchini, 1 camote, and 1 beet)




Found an interesting zucchini recipe, Quick Zucchini Sauté,  on SmittenKitchen which I adapted to my circumstances.

Ingredients:

1 Zucchini
olive oil for skillet
a handful of almond slivers
Parmesan cheese

Process:

After cutting off the tip and end of the Zucchini, I cut it in half, then into quarters. But cutting the zucchini into matchsticks was a challenge; dicing and julienne are not skills I possess.




But, I finally got a batch of thin zucchini strips

After putting oil in the skillet, set on medium, and adding a handful of almond slivers, I had to be careful not to burn the almond slivers before adding the zucchini strips. As the recipe suggests, you are trying to toast the almonds not burn them.




Sorry for the really lousy picture. After stirring and mixing the zucchini strips with the almonds and oil, I removed the skillet from the burner.

After putting the mixture on a plate, I sprinkled it with a bit of Parmesan cheese.

But, I did not use the whole zucchini, so now I have to find more ways to use zucchini.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.