Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Mug: No Cook Fruit Oatmeal Treat

This recipe needs a new name.

I could not resist a recipe with the term "No Cook" in the title.


Mug: No Cook Fruit Oatmeal Treat

This recipe is a good example of how recipes evolve. I adapted this recipe from an idea I found on: http://realmomkitchen.com/11339/no-cook-berry-oatmeal/and the author of that recipe adapted her recipe from a recipe from another source.

In most cases, I struggle to make substitutions in recipes. But, various fruit and yogurt combinations seem suited to this recipe. I also try to use what I have on hand.


Ingredients

One 12 oz mug

6 oz of pineapple yogurt or plain yogurt

2/3 cup of oats (about 5 ounces based on an 8 ounce cup)

2.5 tablespoons of pineapple chunks, canned, or other fruit (3/4 ounce)

1.5 tablespoons of pineapple juice or other fruit juice (3/4 ounce)

1/2 banana, sliced (slice banana in the morning)

1 tablespoon peanuts, crushed

honey




Process

Reserve 1 tablespoon of pineapple chunks and banana slices.

Stir remaining ingredients together in mug.




Refrigerator mug overnight.

In the morning, top with additional pineapple chunks, banana slices, nuts, and a drizzle of honey.

Imagine banana slices and a drizzle of honey.



Notes

Yogurt containers vary in size. My yogurt container was 242 grams or about 8.5 ounces, so I had to save about 2.5 ounces.

This is supposed to be a breakfast dish. I found it filling and sweet; I would consider also it a dessert.

Note: because I forgot to put the banana in the ingredients picture or to top off the dish with the slices and a drizzle of honey, my pictures are not accurate.


Minor edit: 9/11/2019






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.