Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Toast Topping - Pseudo Pesto Mixture

This is my first pesto something, was not sure what to expect.
 

I do not know what I made. It tastes good but is more of a spread than a sauce.
 

I was overwhelmed by the volume of spices the recipe called for. I did not realize I did not have enough of any of them, so I tried to downsize the recipe.
 

Also, is it really a Toast Topping?


Pseudo Pesto Mixture
(Adapted from: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Pesto)

 

1/3 C Basil, dry, crushed
1 C Olive Oil
1/2 C Parmesan cheese
3 level Tspns garlic powder
1/3 C parsley, dry, crushed

1 level Tspn rock salt and Matcha mix (Matcha, optional)
1/4 C Peanuts or almonds, crushed (Optional)


Basically, mix ingredients together thoroughly. Store in refrigerator.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.