Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, October 4, 2020

No Bake: Lime Cream Cake Freezer Dessert - Experiment #1

You are going to see several No Bake Lime Cream Cake Desserts here because I can't seem to make the same one twice. This has a lot to do with the ingredients I have on hand and my own "cooking" abilities.

This will be one of those desserts I won't be able to duplicate because I was also trying to use some leftover cream and yogurt, so I probably won't have this combination of ingredients on hand at the same time, again.
 
One of these days, I hope I can come up with a Universal No Bake Lime Cream Cake Refrigerator Dessert.


No Bake: Lime Cream Cake Freezer Dessert - Experiment 1
 
 
Ingredients:
 
1/2 Cup cream
1/2 Cup condensed milk
1/2 Cup evaporated milk
2-3 TBspns Yogurt
3 dollops lime juice concentrate
6-8 sugar cookies, crumbled
 
 
Process:
 
Add cream, milks and yogurt in a bowl.
Stir and whip with a spoon until smooth.
Add lime juice.
Mix liquids thoroughly.
Make thick layer of cookie crumbs on the bottom of small rectangle microwaveable glass loaf dish with a cover.
Add 1/2 of cream mixture, no need to use it all.
Top with 2 crumbled cookies.
Sprinkled top with lime zest.
Put in freezer.
Freeze overnight or 6-8 hours.
 

Personally, I like to let it defrost a bit before serving, it makes it easier to divide the portions.
 
This No Bake: Lime Cream Cake Freezer Dessert came out pretty good. It was very tasty, just the right about of lime. But, it could have used more crumbled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.