Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, October 12, 2020

DIY: Two-Tone Blouse Conversion and the Back Stitch

A simple blouse and a small success.

After retiring from desk jobs, and living in a “buy what you need culture”, it did not take long to realize I did not have many basic living / survival skills.

Besides continuing to learn how to cook, I need to Up My Game in various areas like food preservation, sewing, home repairs, saving $, understanding nutrition and health standards, and more.

So, many of the YouTube DIY Crafts videos are helpful in learning basic skills.
 
You have to admire YouTube creators, not only for demonstrating their area of expertise and creativity but also for their abilities to produce quality videos which require planning and organizing their script and tools.

To make a video also requires a wide range of skills including: writing, staging, filming, lightning, audio production, editing and more.
 
 
 DIY: Two-Tone Blouse Conversion

I got the idea for making a “Two-Tone” blouse conversion from BlueprintDIY:

https://youtu.be/h7iVt6LK_S4
 
Basically, you take two shirts or blouses and cut them in half and then sew together one piece from one shirt/blouse to the alternate half of the other shirt/blouse. But, take a look at the video for specific instructions.
 
I enjoy this shirt because I was not wearing either of the two blouses very much, so now I like wearing my two-tone blouse. I have not sewn the other halves together yet, to make another two-tone blouse.


Sewing: the Back Stitch
 
During this process, I learned a new sewing stitch, the Back Stitch. Now here is where I am going to complain a bit. While I like the DIY Craft videos, many of them make the process look simple but it's never as simple as it looks.
 
Back Stitch from Wikihow

Also, often I can't follow the steps in many of the DIY Craft videos, so I go to the internet to look for articles on the same topic like the Back Stitch and even there many articles include moving videos which drive me crazy.
 
Moving videos make me physically ill. I have to cover the moving image with my hand in order to read the text. So, even though I have offered a link to an article on how to make a Back Stitch. I had a lot of trouble following the steps due to my issues with moving images.

While I can watch a DIY Craft video or a movie like a continuous story, I can not follow the video's steps in making a craft. It is a struggle.
 
Not sure but my problem may be related to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.