Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, October 12, 2020

Microwave: Mug O'Salmon & Vegetables, Mushrooms, Rice and Egg as a Toast Topping & Salad

A two-fer.

Perusing the frig contents, I had mostly eggs, a cucumber, a carrot, potatoes, salsa, cooked rice, LO canned salmon with vegetables, Italian lettuce and LO canned mushrooms.

This is when the ingredients come before the recipe.

Hmmm, we could make a mug of “fried rice” with salsa and an egg, but can’t add lettuce. Ok, what else? Maybe a salmon salad. I’m warming up.

Ok, we’ve got salmon with vegetables, cooked rice, an egg, mushrooms. Let’s start with this combo.

This reminds me of Jack Monroe. While this recipe does not resemble her recipes, the salmon brings back memories of her creamy salmon pasta.



Microwave: Mug O’Salmon & Vegetables, Rice with Egg as a Toast Topping
 

Ingredients:

1 Slice Multi-grain bread, toasted
A dab Olive or vegetable oil
1-2 Drops Hot sauce
1-2 TBspns Cooked rice
1 TBspn Canned salmon with vegetables
2 TBspns Canned mushrooms, diced, drained, rinsed
A dollop DIY Milk
1 Tspn Mayo



Process:

In a mug, add a dab of vegetable oil.
Add hot sauce (a tip from Jack).
Add cooked rice.
Add canned salmon.
Add mushrooms.
Add egg.
Stir ingredients thoroughly.
Add milk.
Stir thoroughly, again.
Place in microwave.
Cover with a saucer.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
Remove.
Stir.
If the liquids have not cooked away, return to microwave and cook 1-2 more minutes.

When I removed the mug, I realized the mixture was heavy. So, I made some toast, spread it with mayo and spread about 1/3 of the mixture over the toast.

Delicious.

A leftover success!!
 


Salmon with Vegetables, Mushrooms, Cooked Rice and Egg Mixture Salad

Using some of the remaining mixture from the recipe above, I'll make a salmon mixture salad for lupper, using some of the Italian lettuce, chopped olives, shredded cheese, cucumber and carrot.
 

DIY Mayo, Apple Vinegar, Yogurt and Paprika Dressing


Starting with an almost empty jar of mayo, I added about a dollop of yogurt, apple vinegar, and paprika. Then, I shook the jar vigorously to mix the ingredients. I only used a dribble of this mixture on the salad.

I have fallen in love with Italian lettuce, it is crispy and textured and it has more flavor than iceberg lettuce.
 

Actually, that one mug of salmon with vegetables, mushrooms, rice & egg made 3 meals. The above salad was my second salad made with the mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.