Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, April 15, 2021

Refrigerator / Toaster Oven: Polish-Style Sardines on Toast

It’s 2:30 in the morning and I could not get a line of dialogue out of my mind. I had been watching Agatha Christie’s Hercule Poirot’s BBC TV show, “Elephant’s Can Remember.” A character in the story had said, “I had sardines on toast.”

Because I enjoy British dramas, I occasionally focus on the food mentioned in the stories.

I laughed, nothing says British cuisine like “Sardines on Toast.” It’s simple, cheap and sounds bland.

But, I like sardines and knew I could find some “fancy” recipes for “Sardines on Toast.”

The recipe I choose (link below) is an enjoyable read. Also, the author provides more information and ideas on ways to make and serve “Polish-Style Sardines on Toast.”
 
 
Polish-Style Sardines on Toast
(Adapted from: https://www.everydayhealthyrecipes.com/sardines-on-toast/)


Ingredients:

1 Slice Multigrain bread, toasted
Mustard, or Butter, or Veg oil

1 Large sardine from 425g can of sardines
2 TBspns DIY Pickle Relish
1 Tspn Onion flakes
2 Tspns Dry Parsley
1 TBspn Ketchup
1 TBspn Mayo
Salt to taste
Ground Black pepper to taste
1/2 Capful Lime juice

Optional: add diced radishes.
 

Process:

Spread mustard or selected spread on toast.
Place toast on a plate.

In a bowl, add 1 sardine, pickle relish, onion flakes, parsley, ketchup, mayo, salt and pepper.
Mix, stir, and smash ingredients until ingredients are throughly mixed and smooth.

Spread mixture over toast.
Sprinkle with lime juice.
Sprinkle a little parsley on top.
 
Refrigerate any remaining spread.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.