Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Friday, April 2, 2021

Toaster Oven: BBQ Chicken Rollups

This recipe is an example of how when I find a recipe that inspires me but how I must adapt the recipe when I do not have all the ingredients or the ability to follow the processes like making handmade rolls.

I laughed when I made this recipe because it is like making a sandwich except you roll up the contents in bread.

I agonized over using waxed paper or aluminum to cover the microwave tray to prevent the items from sticking. Isn’t wax paper or aluminum unfriendly to the environment?

During my recent dive into DIY crafts, I was shocked at the amount of waste material one person can accumulate.

I choose aluminum because it can be reused.

Note: this recipe has a few GERD-friendly touches. I try to avoid onions, so when a recipe calls for onions, I use onion flakes but the BBQ sauce and cheeses are not GERD-friendly.

 
 
Microwave: BBQ Chicken Rollups
(Inspired by: https://jamiecooksitup.net/2017/03/bbq-chicken-pinwheels/)

From a collection of recipes from: https://www.crazylaura.com/best-pinwheel-recipes/)


For 2 Rollups.

Ingredients:

2 slices of bread, flattened or two tortillas
4-6 TBspns leftover cooked chicken, diced
1-2 TBspns BBQ sauce
1-2 Tspns Dry Onion flakes
1-2 TBspns Mozzarella cheese, diced, shredded, or grated
1-3 Tspns Parmesan cheese
S/P to taste

Optional Topping: Cilantro dressing


Note: when using tortillas, double the amount of the other ingredients.


Process:

On a cutting board, lay 1 slice of bread.
Trim off crusts.
Use a rolling pin or a tall round glass to roll out the bread slice to flatten it. Roll until you have fully flattened and extended the slice.

In a bowl, add chicken, onion flakes, sauce, cheeses, salt and pepper.
Stir well to mix ingredients.
Add 1 TBspn of the chicken mixture at one end of the flattened slice.
Take that end and roll the mixture and bread forward until you reach the end of the slice.
Lay the roll with the closed side down on a toaster oven tray.

Follow the above steps again for additional BBQ Chicken Rollups.
Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.

When serving, offer Cilantro dressing as a topping.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.