Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Microwave: Mug O'Sardine and Egg Bread Pudding (Non-dairy)

If you've been reading my blog, you can see I have reduced my focus. I found I liked Toast Toppings, and Mug recipes, especially bread pudding recipes.
 
In a way, these recipes offer an opportunity to experiment with various ingredient and spice combinations. So, if it turns out to be a disaster, I did not waste much food.

Plus, I feel more confident making bread puddings than I do with baking, at this moment in time.

Also, I have begun to use coconut creme instead of milk or cream in several recipes, this, by accident, makes some of these recipes non-dairy.
 
This recipe developed when I decided to use some leftover sardines. I grabbed an older Scrambled Egg and Sardine Toast Topping blog post thinking I would use it.
 
Instead, I decided I did not want to make toast, so I thought, hey, covert this recipe into a bread pudding recipe.

This one’s for you Alex.
 

Mug O’Sardine and Egg Bread Pudding (Non-dairy)
 
 
Ingredients:
 
2 TBspns Sardine juice from leftovers from can of large sardines or a dollop of vegetable oil
1 egg
A Dollop Coconut creme, or milk, or milk substitute
2 TBspns Mashed leftover sardines
2-3 Dashes Onion flakes
1-2 Drops Hot sauce
1-2 Grinds Black pepper, to taste
1 Capful Lime juice
1 Slice Bread, intergral, torn into bits
Topping: A sprinkle of paprika
Variation Topping: a bit of cilantro dressing
 
 
Process:
  • Add sardine juices or oil to mug.
  • Crack egg into mug.
  • Add coconut creme.
  • Stir and whip mixture well for about 30 seconds.
  • Add sardine mash and lime juice.
  • Stir and mix well.
  • Add onion flakes, hot sauce, and black pepper.
  • Stir well.
  • Add bread bits.
  • Stir and mix well.
  • Place mug in microwave.
  • Cover top of the mug with a saucer.
  • Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
  • Check to make sure mixture is fully cooked and not runny.
  • If runny, cook for 30 seconds or more.
  • Once done, use a knife to separate cooked mixture from sides of mug.
  • Tip mixture out onto plate.
  • Sprinkle with paprika.
 
 
Variation: drizzle mixture with cilantro dressing.
 
#GERD-friendly if you don't use the hot sauce and black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.