Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Toaster Oven: Hard Boiled Eggs


Toaster Oven: Hard Boiled Eggs
(Adapted from: https://ashleydiy.blogspot.com/2012/05/toaster-oven-hard-boiled-eggs.html)

Wow! Hurray! A Success!
I did it, I made hard-boiled eggs in my toaster oven, thanks to Ashley.


Preparations:

Set Toaster / Convection Oven on Bake.
Set temperature to 325 deg.
Pre-heat Toaster / Convection Oven by setting timer to 5-7 minutes.
Need a Toaster Oven rack set in the middle of the oven.
Need oven mitts or pot holders.


Ingredients:

3 eggs
Bowl with cold water (add ice)


Process:

Wash eggs.
Place eggs onto rack.

Bake 25 minutes.



Remove eggs and place into bowl with cold water with some ice cubes for 15 minutes.

When the bath was done, I took the eggs out and peeled one. It peeled without any problems!


Notes:

When I started, my eggs were cold. I let them sit out while the oven pre-heated. They were still cold when I put them into the oven.

When the eggs were done cooking, one egg was spotted. It was hard to retrieve the hot eggs from the rack, I had to grab them one by one and drop them onto an oven mitt. Then, I dropped the eggs into the ice cold water.

Also, I forgot to change setting to Bake, it was set on Toast, but they still cooked.


I used one hard-boiled egg to make a toast topping using guacamole sauce as a base on one slice of toast. I added a few slivers of hard cheese.

Then, I sliced the egg and added slices to the top of the guacamole and cheese. Then, I topped this with imitation bacon bits, a few bits of cooked, diced, bell peppers and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.


Then, I cut the toast into quarters. Yum.

I am looking forward to more hard-boiled egg recipes!


Other Resources: 
 
Make Hard-Boiled Eggs in the Oven
 
Easy Hard-Boiled Eggs in Oven
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.