Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Friday, February 15, 2019

Toast Topping: Salmon, Celery Leaves & More...

Toast Topping: Salmon, Celery Leaves & More

This may be the "prettiest" Toast Topping I have made so far.

I was thinking of Salmon salad and ended up with a bit more.

I am trying to make more vegetable recipes but with fresh vegetables I can use quickly when fresh, and are freezable for the remainder. Generally, that includes bell peppers, celery and scallions. As a single person, a head of lettuce would go to waste. Plus, trying to follow GERD menu suggestions, tomatoes and onions are off the list. But, I am testing to see if a bit of scallions can be tolerated.

Also, I am trying to use all of the celery stalks by trimming off the leaves for later use as salad makings and greenery, then cutting the celery stalks into sticks for snacks, and diced for salads and to freeze.

So, when I thought of salmon salad as a toast topping, I got creative.


Ingredients:

 1 slice multigrain bread, toasted
Celery leaves
1 TBspn grated Mozzarella cheese
1 TBspn Salmon, canned and drained, mixed with mayo
2-3 olives, sliced
A few thin slices of radish
1 Tspn diced scallions
1-3 capers
A sprinkle of paprika
A sprinkle of ground black pepper
A sprinkle of parmasan cheese


Process:

Layer the toast with celery leaves, cheese, salmon mixture, then top with olive and radish slices, scallions and capers. Then, sprinkle lightly with paprika, ground black pepper, and parmasan cheese.







Very tasty, I am enjoying using spices and condiments sparingly.

#GERD-Friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.