Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Spontaneous Writing - Raspberries

As a member of several writers groups, I enjoy spontaneous writing sessions.

Basically, someone suggests a word, image or uses a picture and asks the group to write for 5-10 minutes about the suggested word or image.

I am always surprised by what I write and then I am surprised at the various perspectives from other writers.

Since, I come from a journalistic background, I tend to be straightforward in my writing, but I find in spontaneous writing sessions, I am a bit more creative.

Here is a sample from a recent Scribes of Our Times' spontaneous writing session. The image was raspberries.


Raspberries

It's the bumps that fascinate me and the amazement that a fruit can be so red.

It is so soft, it melts in your mouth.

The taste migrates from sour into sweetness to end with a tang.

Raspberries are rare to me. While I know they are plentiful to others, it is like a jewel that I want to keep.

Raspberries are mysterious. Blackberries are familiar. Blueberries are little treats.

But, raspberries come from a foreign place, even if it's just next door.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.