Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

From COVID19 to DIY YouTube Adventures

I have not been blogging much lately. COVID19 has changed all our lives.

To attempt to blog about my experiences seems trivial because I am better off than many.

But, I have experienced a range of emotions.
 
Concerns about my family and friends. Concerns about everyone.
 
Distressed reading about doctors, nurses, paramedics struggling to help their patients.
 
Scared and sad seeing underpaid “essential workers” facing illness or potential illness.
 
Shocked watching those in power, some who fail to handle the situation and those who struggle to help their constituents.
 
Stunned observing the effects the pandemic is having on the global economy.
 
Proud so many people are taking this situation seriously and following the health guidelines.
 
Amazed at the innovation businesses are developing in a constantly changing environment.
 
My days are upside down. I often don’t sleep. I am not cooking much or trying any new recipes. I am sticking to my basic menu choices, mug recipes, toast toppings, pasta dishes, overnight oats, chicken, salmon, and potato salads, basic chicken soup and some fruit, and the infamous PB&J.
 
Grocery shopping is erratic. Sometimes store hours change. Store inventories vary. Occasionally, I get home delivery from nearby cafes or restaurants.
 
But, I am also becoming a recluse. I walk in circles in the parking lot late at night to avoid people. I don’t leave my home for weeks at at time. Then, try to schedule errands on one day to limit my exposure.
 
My attention span has shrunk and it wasn’t that long to begin with. Luckily, my health is ok most of the time. But, I have weeks where all I do is sleep and that wrecks havoc with my health.
 
Luckily, my family and friends are doing ok.
 
Recently, I began exploring DIY YouTube videos. I had always wanted to make pillows out of some favorite t-shirts. That search also brought up dozens of sites about various t-shirt conversations and more, and that began my DIY YouTube Adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.