Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, August 15, 2020

DIY: Reuseable Coffee Filter

Well, I have found a passion, for awhile, in some wild DIY Crafts and Hacks YouTube videos and great How-to websites.

While looking over my endless to-do lists, I found a note to look for a reusable coffee filter.

While I have a French Press, they are messy and time-consuming to clean hence the search for a reusable coffee filter, so I could make a cup or two of real coffee.

I saw the note and thought, hmmm, I'll bet I could make one myself.

After a quick internet search, I found:

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Reusable-Coffee-Filter

Now, I do not recall the exact instructions. But, in my sewing crate, I found a sheet I had intended to mend. After looking at the various areas that needed mending, I decided to put the sheet to other uses.

I was in luck, the cotton sheet was a low-thread variety, so it would work for making a coffee filter.

As I followed the directions, I made a mistake. I was so proud that I used sidewalk chalk to mark the size of the funnel, I did not calculate that the filter would need to dip into the well of the funnel, so this filter would be too small.



I hemmed the diameter of the circle and realized I had a smaller funnel.

 

It fit it perfectly.

I made a cup of coffee and it worked great.


I saved the coffee grounds for plant fertilizer, washed the filter and hung it up to dry, ready for the next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.