Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

DIY: Glitter Water Bottle

Credit: http://www.kidsomania.com/diy-magic-bottles-of-water-and-confetti/ and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCaI-5WVRlY&feature=youtu.be


I had fun making this.

My motto "Use What You Have" came into play, here.

The instructions called for colorful rubber bands. I happen to have a set of NPS special rubber bands in the shape of NPS symbols.

No glitter, so I cut up some aluminum coverings from empty pill packages, instead. I challenged myself to cut these little tabs into pieces as small as I could cut them.

No food dyes, I am still working on making some natural dyes. My spinach green was too light.

Used hand bacterial gel in place of glycerin. Also, I used more than I thought the original hack suggested.
 
I dropped in a variety of beads from my jewelry craft box.

My kitchen is a strange place now, part kitchen, part chemistry lab. I worry I might use the DIY jewelry cleaner as dressing.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.