Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, December 13, 2018

My Favorite Mexican Meal - Salbutes

I like Toast Toppings because they remind me of Yucatán Salbutes.

I love salbutes. They are a mini-meal on a small deep-fried tortilla. While each vendor makes them a little differently, I like the ones made at Castillo at Parque Santa Ana in Centro.


They are the perfect meal. The deep-fried tortilla offers a little crunch. Toppings include a variety of items and flavors like Yucatán pickled onions, bits of tomato, avocado slices, shredded turkey, chicken or pork. Sometimes you will get lettuce. Add hot sauce to your taste. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salbute)

Salbutes are a satisfying meal. So far, the Toast Topping - Pseudo Huevos Florentine is one of my more satisfying meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.