Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, December 10, 2018

Scrambled Egg with Spinach, Guacamole and Salmon

Scrambled Egg with Spinach, Guacamole and Salmon
(Adapted from WW Egg and Avocado Toasts with Smoked Salmon, p161)


Ingredients:

1 Slice of multi-grain bread
Olive oil
1 Egg
1 Can salmon, drained
4 TB frozen spinach
2 TB Guacamole, from a jar
Paprika
Ground black pepper
Parmesan cheese

Note, there will be leftover mixture.


Process:

Toast bread in skillet, first.

Wow! I toasted my bread differently this time.

I used a quarter of a clean cloth napkin, I had cut into four pieces. I don't use paper towels. I poured a small dollop of olive oil onto the cloth and smeared the skillet bottom with the cloth to spread the oil in a thin layer.

I set the hot plate on 2 which is medium-low heat and toasted the bread on both sides and it came out evenly browned and not overly oily.

I thank Yasmeen for this tip.




Place toast on plate.
Microwave frozen spinach in a small covered dish on high for about 3 minutes.
Add a dollop of olive oil to the skillet.
Crack the egg into the skillet, add spinach and guacamole.
Scramble mixture until egg is cooked.
Top toast with layer of egg/spinach/guacamole mixture.
Add about 2 TBs of salmon on to top layer.
Sprinkle paprika, ground black pepper and Parmesan cheese over toppings.



This was delicious. I think it is partly because I used olive oil to make the toast, and the guacamole and salmon added a lot of flavor.

Updated: 12/17/18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.