Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, April 20, 2015

Portabello Mushroom Sliders

Servings: 4

Ingredients:

1/2 red onion, sliced
2 large Portobello mushrooms, stem removed, washed, cut into halves
1 tablespoon olive oil 
Ground Black pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 cup water
2/3 cup grated cheese(s), mozzarella, feta
A few dashes of Parmesan cheese
1 Tblspn pickle relish
4 Small dinner rolls, sliced horizontally
Mustard


Process:

  • Place rolls open on plates.
  • Spread mustard on one side of each roll.
  • Add oil in skillet.
  • Add onion.
  • Cook on medium-high.
  • Add portobello mushroom halves.
  • Sprinkle with black pepper and Paprika.
  • Cook until mushroom is heated thoroughly. Flip mushroom to cook on both sides.
  • Add 1/4 cup water, if necessary, to steam mushrooms and to keep onions from burning.
  • Cook for about 10 minutes more or less depending on your stove.
  • Top mushrooms with grated cheese.
  • Cook for about 1-2 minutes to melt cheese.
  • Use a turner to lift mushrooms out and place on open roll.
  • Scoop up some onions, add to each slider.
  • Top with pickle relish.
  • Close roll and serve.

Ideas: add sliced avocado, and/or shredded cabbage, grated radish, sliced olives.



So sorry, my "presentation" is awful.

While I really like Portabello mushrooms, I still struggle to figure out how long to cook them. Mine came out great, hot and still a bit solid. The onions were cooked to the point of almost charred.

I made four sliders and tried shredded cabbage, grated radish and sliced olives on three of them, respectively. I liked the grated radish and sliced olive ones but I think I would serve coleslaw on the side rather than adding sliced cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.