Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

My Favorite Yoga Poses

I love Yoga.

The Yoga practiced in the U.S. is a westernized version.

As a senior, Yoga helps keep me flexible, plus, there are many other benefits.

Yoga saved my life.

After a bad fall, I had difficulty walking. After taking several Yoga classes and practicing at home (with medical approval), my flexibility improved a lot. My walking gait is smoother, my back pain is less.

Plus, I like the emphasis on breathing and good posture.

 
These are my favorite Yoga poses / Asanas:
 
Mountain pose / Tadasana
 
Standing Forward Pose / Uttanasana
 
Corpse Pose (Supine Full Stretch) / Shavasana
 
Supine Butterfly / Supta Baddha Konasana
 
Shoulder Blade Pinch
 
Lower Back Press
 
Supine Twist Pose / Supta Matsyendrasana
 
Supine Knee-to-Chest / Apanssana
 
Knee-to-Chest Roll / Pawan Muktasana
 
Ab Crunches
 
Seated Butterfly / Baddha Konssana
 
Seated Forward Fold / Paschimottanasana
 
Twisted Sage Pose / Marichyasana III
 
Cat / Cow Pose / Marjaryasana
 
Baby Pose / Garbhasana

 

A few references:

https://www.yogabasics.com/practice/yoga-postures/supine-yoga-poses/

https://www.yogajournal.com/poses


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.