Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, September 13, 2020

No Bake - Refrigerator: Mug O’Chocolate Cream Cake

 

Now, when I look at an interesting recipe, I think, "Can I make this into a Mug Recipe?"

Lucky for me, with this recipe, you can make a mug version.


No Bake - Refrigerator: Mug O’Chocolate Cream Cake
(Adapted from: https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/baking-and-desserts/coffee-and-cream-fridge-cake/)


Pre-preparation:

Make 1/4 cup of strong coffee:
Add 2 heaping Tspns of instant coffee to 1/4 cup of hot water.
Stir.



Ingredients:

A dribble vegetable oil
5 oz light cream*
1.5 oz coffee concentrate
1 Tspn Chocolate milk powder mix and extra for garnish
2 Tspns confectioner sugar
1 Tspn Vanilla flavoring (optional)
Sugar cookies, crushed


Process:

In a measuring cup, add cream, coffee concentrate, chocolate powder, 2 Tspns confectioner sugar, and vanilla flavoring.
Mix thoroughly. 
Whip until it froths.

In a large mug, add vegetable oil, swirl oil to coat bottom and sides of mug.
Add a layer of some of the crushed sugar cookies.
Add a layer of some of cream mixture.
Repeat layers until mug is almost full
Make last layer cream mixture.
Chill overnight.

Prior to serving, sprinkle with chocolate milk powder and some crushed sugar cookies.

 

I liked it. It was creamy, cakey, chocolatey, and coffeey.

Next time, I won't crush the sugar cookies into crumbs, I'll keep them a little chunky.

 

*I struggle to understand the differences in creams.

 This is the light crema I used:

 

According to Spruce Eats, a light cream has 20% butterfat.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/understanding-different-kinds-of-milk-and-cream-3050535

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.