Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

DIY: Patterned Paper

My DIY Crafting Adventure: Plodding Along with Patterned Paper

For two days, I have been plodding from task to task filled with disappointment because my crafting / art skills are not improving fast enough.

Plus, I have watched so many DIY Craft YouTube videos, they’ve become a muddle in my brain.

My main focus, at the moment, is boxing and wrapping the items I have completed.

Making wrapping paper wasn’t high on my list but now I find that is what I need to do.

After a rough start, I actually made some decent patterned paper to use as wrapping paper.

My first attempt at patterned paper looked more like a Rorschach test.

This is ok, I like using a variety of different sized circles, just need to make some improvements like arrangement and color choice.

 While, I like this one, need to improve my tree doodle.

   

Almost got it with this one!

The previous three samples are an example of my craft supplies management. To conserve my permanent colored markers and acrylic paints, I dug out my colored pencils. They are fun to use!

On a positive note, my patterned paper disasters will be great for making paper beads!

Here are links to just two of the many DIY Patterned Paper YouTube videos I perused:

https://youtu.be/iuulm92pEv4

https://youtu.be/uyAcE12htMk


Reference:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rorschach_test

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.