Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, June 6, 2019

Hotplate: Lentils with Garlic Powder

In the past, I have struggled to make lentil recipes I liked.

Surprisingly, this simple recipe came out perfect.

Looking at the lentils I bought, I think they are a mix of green, red and yellow lentils.


Hotplate: Lentils with Garlic Powder Recipe

Ingredients:

1 Cup dry lentils
Water
Garlic Powder


Process:

Add water to a pot.
Add 1 cup of lentils.
Make sure the lentils are covered and there is at least an extra 1” of water covering the lentils.
Add 5-8 dashes of garlic powder.
Bring to a boil.
Lower temperature to medium-high and simmer lentils for 30 minutes or until soft.

Drain the lentils.



I forgot. One cup of lentils makes a lot of cooked lentils.

Now, I had originally planned to dress up the lentils in various ways. But, when Lucy came today, we had a "buffet" that included some of the dishes I had made, including the "plain" lentils.


The combination of foods worked well with the lentils as a side dish.
"Lucy liked all my dishes!"
That is high praise to me because Lucy is a great cook.

#GERD-friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.