Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Hotplate: Wheat Tortilla Pizza

Wheat Tortilla Pizza Recipe
(Inspired by: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/skillet_tortilla_pizza/)
 
My Wheat Tortilla Pizza Recipe is much different than the one noted above, but I do love "Simply Recipes", it's a great website for good, semi-easy recipes.

Ingredients:
 
1 tortilla, wheat or flour
1 garlic clove, diced
1/8 onion, diced
a handful of diced green or red bell peppers
1/2 plum tomato, diced or diced cherry tomatoes
1 olive, green or black, diced
1/2 or more grated hard white cheese
1 dash of oregano, dry
1 dash of red pepper, flakes
ground black pepper to taste
Garnish: imitation bacon bits
 

Process:
 
Add chopped garlic and vegetables to a small non-stick skillet.
Use low to medium heat. Simmer vegetables until they begin to smoke.
Stir, simmer for about 30 more seconds.
Remove sautéed vegetables, place in small bowl.
Place tortilla in skillet.
Cook until brown one side. Flip tortilla over
Top tortilla with sautéed vegetables.
Sprinkle spices over items.
Sprinkle graded cheese over all items.
Add bacon bits.
Heat items until cheese melts but watch, you want the tortilla to brown on the bottom, but not burn.
Using a turner, lift tortilla onto a plate.
Cut into 4 pieces for easy eating.


What I liked about this recipe and the results was the wheat tortilla got just the right amount of crispy and I did not use any oil to "smoke" the vegetables. It was easy and tasty.

Plus, I got to use my frozen red and green diced bell peppers.

I have not tried this with a flour tortilla and wonder if the wheat tortilla crisps up easier than a flour tortilla.


Use your imagination for other items to add to your pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.