Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

One Pot Spaghetti Dish

One Pot Spaghetti Dish Recipe

Ingredients:
41/2 cups of water
1 pkg spaghetti
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, diced
2 dashes of red pepper sauce
1 palmful dry basil, crushed between palms
2 TBs olive oil
A small pinch of rock salt
Several grinds of black pepper
Garnish: parmesan cheese, a few grinds of black pepper, basil

Process:
Add water to large skillet with tall sides.
Break bunches of spaghetti in half, add to water.
Add the rest ingredients including the spices, except the garnish.
Bring mixture to a boil, boil for about 9-15 minutes or until liquid is reduced to a very small amount. Stir frequently.

When serving, season again with a few grinds of pepper and a sprinkle of dry basil.
Serve with parmesan cheese.

As you can see, I had few of the original ingredients listed and had to make substitutions. This is a revelation because I could never make substitutions before but it is getting easier.

The dish was tasty but it took me almost 30 minutes to boil off the liquid on my finicky hot plate. Wonder how this would work in a microwave?

This was a surprise, I think the red pepper sauce brought out a lot of the flavor in this dish.

Note: Next time add more tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.