Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, July 26, 2021

Refrigerator: Carrot Relish

I was surprised, this simple recipe is quite tasty and a great addition to many recipes.
 
I, first, saw Chef Susanne Duplantis on the short-lived Netflix Cooking Show Leftovers. A search found her website, Makeover My Leftover.

I will never be a real cook, so I depend on the advice and ideas of real cooks and chefs.

This is my first Chef Duplantis's recipe to try. Of course, I had to adapt the recipe based on the tools and ingredients I had.


Ingredients:

3-4 TBspns grated carrot, peeled
1/2 Tspn Lime Juice
Lime Zest*
1/2 TBspn sugar


Process:

Peel carrot with grater.
Grate carrot into a bowl.
Add the lime juice and zest.
Add sugar.
Stir ingredients thoroughly.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
 
Made a turkey lunchmeat quasidilla with one slice turkey lunchmeat, shredded cabbage and 1/2 TBspn carrot salsa. It was great.
 
Lime zest is grated lime peel.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.