Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, July 19, 2021

Microwave: Mug O'Faux Treacle Bread Pudding

Hot from the microwave. Hmmm, it's tasty but I'd call it Honey Bread Pudding.

Of course, because I watch a lot of British TV shows, Treacle Pudding or Treacle something is often mentioned, so I had to try some version of it.

The recipe called for Black Molasses. I could not find any molasses, so I tried some heavy Sugar Syrup.


Microwave: Mug O'Faux Treacle Bread Pudding
(Adapted from: https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-treacle-tart-recipe-435039)


Ingredients:

1-2 Slice Bread, various, torn
2-3 TBspns Sugar Syrup or honey
1 TBspn Dark Thick Syrup or Black Molasses
1/4 Tspn Lime zest
1/4 Tspn Lime juice
1 Capful Vanilla flavoring
1 Egg
A Dollop of Coconut Creme
1 Tspn Bread crumbs
Topping: Plain yogurt
 
 
Process:

Essentially, mix all ingredients thoroughly for a minute or more.
Cover mug with a saucer.
Microwave on high for 3 minutes.

Serve with yogurt, or crème fraiche, or vanilla ice cream.

 
Obviously, very high in sugar and calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.