Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Carrots, Carrots, Carrots

Never thought I’d be so happy to see a carrot.

For some reason, I don’t recall, I, recently, grated one carrot. I don’t usually grate carrots.

But, I had been gathering carrot recipes and one, a carrot relish, required grated carrot.

But, instead of making the relish, I added half of the grated carrot to a can of salmon (drained) with a tablespoon of mayo and a bit of lime juice and made a salmon salad which I used to make a few mini sandwiches.
 

Then, I got the bright idea, let’s try using the remaining grated carrot in my version of Jack Monroe’s Carrot Cake Overnight Oats.
 
When I first made her recipe, I fell in love with overnight oats. But, where I live now, I can’t find canned carrots, a necessary ingredient in his recipe. I had tried sliced and cooked carrots but could not achieve the same taste.

When I used the grated carrot in a batch of "Carrot Cake Overnight Oats", the result was just about right.

So, now I have ribboned or made curls, and grated another carrot and some of the recipes I hope to try are:
 

(Weird, my pictures came out too red.)

Carrot relish
Carrot cookies
Vegetable Skewers
And for the umpteenth time, maybe I will try Jack’s infamous Carrot, Cumin & Kidney Bean Burgers, with modifications of course.
 
Plus, there's more I want to do with a carrot, like:
 
Use curls, or diced or sliced carrots with sliced apples and cucumbers for a fresh salad.
Add carrot slices to DIY Pickles.
Add diced or grated carrot to macaroni salad.
Cut thinly sliced/julienned carrot, add to a bowl of raisins, almonds, and yogurt for a tasty salad.
Add oil and honey to a dish of carrot curls as a side salad.
Try making a Mug O'Carrot cake.

#Anti-Inflammatory-friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.