Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, October 15, 2018

My Cheating Toasts

My Cheating Toasts


I have been trying to increase my use of fresh fruits and vegetables. But, after my last avocado turned to mush because I did not use it quick enough, I bought a jar of guacamole and some other per-prepared foods.

Sadly, the brand of guacamole I bought had no avocado in it. Will need to look for a different brand that has avocado.

Also, while I do make various salsas, I use them as dips or side dishes. I prefer to use canned salsa as a spice. So, I am going back to my canned, jarred and per-prepared resources.


My Cheating Toasts

Guacamole, Salsa, & Poached Egg


Ingredients:

Olive oil
1 Slice of integral bread
1 Egg, poached
1 Heaping TBspn guacamole, jarred
1 Tspn salsa, canned
A sprinkle of Rock Salt & Macha mixture
A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, jarred
S/P to taste




Process:

Add a dab of olive oil to a skillet.
Place bread slice into skillet, flip so both sides collect some of the oil.
Heat on medium-high.
Watch carefully, so it does not burn.
In the meantime, crack an egg into a small bowl with about 3 TBspns of water.
Place in microwave, cover.
Microwave on high for 40-45 seconds.
Remove dish from microwave.
Use slotted spoon to remove egg and to drain off water.
Place egg on a plate.


Back to the toast, flip bread slice to toast on both sides.
When toast is done, place on plate.
Spread guacamole onto toast.
Top guacamole with salsa.
Add egg on top.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, rock salt mixture, and ground black pepper to taste.






White Bean Mash, Salsa and Parmesan Cheese

Ingredients:

1 slice integral bread
olive oil
1 heaping TBspn White Bean Mash (store-bought)
1 Tspn Salsa, canned
A Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese, jarred
S/P to taste

Pre-prepared tamales and white bean mash





Process:

Basically, toast bread in skillet with a bit of olive oil on both sides.
Spread beans on top of toast.
Add salsa.
Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
Season to taste




Variation: make above recipe using a Tostada rather than toast.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.