Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Saturday, October 20, 2018

Toast Topping - Guacamole and Cream Cheese with Spices

When is an adaptation not an adaptation?

I give full credit to Tostas' author, Cornelia Schinharl, for the idea for this toast topping. But, where she uses fresh produce and herbs, I used pre-prepared items and, different and similar bottled or dry spices in different quantities.


(Tostas Nuevo Presentación by Cornelia Schinharl)


Also, I don't have an oven. All I have is a microwave and a hot plate.

Maybe one day, when I think I have the time and the fresh ingredients, I will try the recipe her way. It sounds delicious.

I have bought food items because of a recipe I wanted to try but I never seem to get to those recipes before other recipes catch my eye. So, like the jar of dry cilantro, I have several items I have not used. So, I was very happy to find a recipe where I could use the cilantro.


Toast Topping . Guacamole and Cream Cheese with Spices

Ingredients:

1 Small wedge of cream cheese, diced
1 Slice, doble fibra bread
Olive Oil
2 TBspns salsa, canned
4-6 Full TBspns, salsa guacamole, jarred
1 Pinch of garlic powder
1 Dash of hot sauce
1 Few drops of lime juice concentrate
2 TBspns cilantro, dry, crushed





Process:

Dice wedge of cream cheese.

Toast bread in skillet with a dollop of olive oil. Turn bread over so both sides gather a bit of olive oil. Turn slice over to toast both sides.

In a container, mix salsa, guacamole, garlic powder, hot sauce, lime juice, and 1 TBspn of cilantro. Mix well.

Remove toast from skillet.

Spread toast with mixture. You will have some mixture leftover.
Top toast with diced cream cheese pieces.
Garnish with 1 TBspn dry cilantro, crushed between your palms.



Note: Used San Miguel Salsa de Guacamole in this recipe which has avocado powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.