Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Toast Topping - Cream Cheese, Salmon and Salsa

Like crazy salads, I don't know when I will tire of this trend. But, so far, I have enjoyed these mini-meals. In a way, it is teaching me different food and flavor combinations.


Toast Topping - Cream Cheese, Salmon and Salsa

Ingredients:

1 slice dble fibra bread
Cream Cheese
Salmon, canned, drained
Salsa, canned
Lime juice concentrate
Basil, dry, crushed


 Note, I changed my mind. Rather than using salt, I used lime juice.


Process:

Toast bread in skillet with a pour of olive oil. Flip bread so both sides gather some olive oil.
Once bread is toasted on both sides to the shade of brown desired, remove from skillet.

Place the toast on a plate and spread the toast with a thin layer of cream cheese.

Spread a thin layer of canned salmon over the cream cheese.

Spread a dab of salsa over the top of the salmon. Think of it as a spice, use lightly.

Sprinkle about 1/2 Tspn of lime juice over the toppings.

Crush a small palmful of basil over the toppings.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.