Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Friday, June 8, 2018

No-Bake Cheesecake Experiment

I have been thinking about making a no-bake cheesecake for over a week. So, after some research I found three recipes that might work for me.

Initially, I thought I had all the ingredients.

As I examined each of the three recipes, I realized one called for condensed milk, didn't have that, so I dropped that one.

The other two were recipes for a much larger cheesecake than I planned for, so I had to halve the recipes to see what I could do.

Eventually, I adapted Valerie's recipe with insight from the other two and that's when the recipe became an experiment.

I knew I had confectioner sugar but I had several unlabelled jars of white powder in my cupboard. I tasted them. Two were baking soda, two were confectioner sugar. I labelled the jars.

I used a gram to ounce online converter to determine amounts.

With only two "pans" to choose from, I choose the 7" round glass pie pan.




No-Bake Cheesecake Experiment 
(Adapted from: https://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com/easy-blueberry-cheesecake-dessert/


Ingredients:

Crust
113g (3.98 oz) cinnamon flavored crackers or sugar cookies, crushed (depending in size of cake pan, you may have some crumbs left)
olive oil

Cheesecake
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1/2 Cup confectioner sugar
1/2 Cup Whipped topping
1 Tspoon vanilla flavoring
1 Tspoon lime juice concentrate
Optional toppings: slices of fresh or canned fruit (drained), dried blueberries or chocolate syrup


Process:

Crust
To make the crust, put crackers or cookies (I choose the cinnamon flavored crackers) into a large baggie. Smash crackers with the bottom of a heavy glass or measuring cup until it becomes a bag of crumbs.
 
(Sugar Cookies or Cinnamon flavored crackers)


Add crumbs to large bowl.
Add a bit of olive oil. Stir and smash crumbs and oil thoroughly.
Add a bit more oil until the mixture sticks together.
Stir thoroughly.



Add some of the mixture to the pan.
Smash mixture down into center of pan. Add more mixture. Smash down mixture from center of pan to sides of pan until bottom and sides are coated with crumb mixture.
Set pan in frig while making the cream cheese mixture.



Cream Cheese Mixture
In a large bowl, add cream cheese.
Add confectioner sugar. Stir well. Stir to remove all lumps. Smash lumps with spoon. Stir until smooth.




Add Whipped topping. Stir well.
Add vanilla flavoring and lime juice concentrate.
Stir thoroughly.
Get pan with crumb mixture.

Carefully, add the cream cheese mixture into the center of the pan. It will be a mound of cream cheese mixture. Using a spatula or a spoon, carefully spread cream cheese mixture over bottom of pan up to the sides.
Smooth top of cream cheese mixture with the spatula or spoon.




Put pan in frig.
Refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, until firm.
Add toppings when serving.

I tried a slice with some dried blueberries I had heated in the microwave with a little water to soften.



Later, I tried another slice with chocolate syrup. I liked it better than the one with blueberries.


It was also good without any topping. The cracker crumb crust was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.