Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

I Ate the Whole Thing -- Dragonfruit

Dragonfruit

Dragonfruit or Pitaya was the first fresh fruit I met when I arrived in Merida. It was growing on a vine in the backyard of the house where I rented a room.

I was fascinated by the fruit. It was uniquely strange and beautiful. The fruit itself has a mild sweet taste which I liked. You eat the fruit and the seeds.

(Dragonfruit or Pitaya, Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya)




After washing the whole bulb, I sliced off the end.



Then, I made a slice through the skin with the tip of my knife and cut the skin to the top of the fruit bulb. I peeled away the skin and cut off the tip, pulling the whole skin off. This left a bulb of fruit. I cut the fruit into thin slices and ate whole thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.