Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, June 27, 2016

My Plate - Personalized

I have been exploring ChooseMyPlate.gov to try and understand the daily recommended dietary guidelines (DRDG).

Below is a chart personalized for my DRDG.




I think for most people this would be hard to stick to. While I am a low-meat eater, meaning I don't eat a lot of meat. Even I have more protein than the recommended allowance. And oil, since I cook with oil, I would exceed the recommended daily amount of oil a few times a week.

Maybe I got it wrong, but this is how I interpreted the guidelines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.