Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, March 16, 2014

What to Do? (Chicken & Vegetables in Tomato Sauce)


I found this “recipe” for chicken in tomato sauce with the fewest instructions I have ever seen. The links did not lead to a fuller recipe. 

"ChooseMyPlate.gov ‏@MyPlateFast & #Easy= simmer skinless chicken breasts in tomato sauce with veggies & Italian seasonings Serve over pasta  http://ow.ly/uqpLc  "

So, into the wilderness, I went. Braving the unknown, I guessed at what the directions might have been.

Based on what I had on hand, this was my approach.






Chicken and Vegetables in Tomato Sauce

Ingredients:

2 skinned chicken legs (thigh and drumstick)
2 cups water
2 stalks celery, sliced into chunks
1 carrot, quartered in chunks
1 onion, quartered in chunks
1 potato, quartered in chunks
1 8 oz container of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons rosemary, crushed*
2 tablespoons thyme, crushed
2 tablespoons oregano, crushed
2 tablespoons Basil, crushed
salt and pepper, season to taste
1 small bag of pasta

*crush spices between your palms and sprinkle over dish


Process:

Put water into microwaveable casserole dish (with lid).
Put vegetables into dish.
Top with chicken legs.
Sprinkle spices over chicken and vegetables.
Pour tomato sauce over mixture.



Cover and microwave on high for 20 minutes.

While dish is cooking, make pasta.
When pasta is cooked, drain and set aside.
When mixture is cooked, spoon one serving of pasta onto a plate
Place one chicken leg on top of pasta.
Spoon vegetables and tomato sauce over chicken and pasta.
Use a fork to remove chicken meat from bone.




I divided the remaining mixture (after pulling chicken off the bones) into four containers and put three into the freezer.

I think I reached the "summit", let's raise the flag or a cup of tea to success.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.