Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Stone Cold Sober Mocktail

I like cranberry juice, so I wanted a Mocktail with mostly cranberry juice.

When I say cranberry juice, I mean the kind that comes out of a bottle or package, not homemade.

So, I took a cocktail recipe and made a mocktail variation but the differences between the two drinks are so dramatic, I would say the original merely pointed me in the direction of cranberry juice with a few ideas for flavorings.

I liked the end result. It was a bit tart without a sweet overtone. I am developing my own mocktail taste descriptions. As someone with a chicken and beer palate, the idea of a taste vocabulary is amusing.




Look at the Stone Cold Sober Mocktail.

Ignore the sandwich, it's fried SPAM with sliced vegetables and a cream cheese spread. It's ok but it still needs tweaking.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.