Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Monday, February 3, 2020

TWG Tip for Conserving Shampoo and Bath Gel

I get excited when I find a new idea for saving money.

As a fan of the Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn, I follow many of her money-saving tips.

One of Amy's tips to save money is to dilute your dish soap and shampoo. For years, I have done this.

I can make a 760ml bottle of shampoo last a year or more by constantly adding water to the bottle as I use it. I buy the least expensive scented mid-range shampoo. The shampoo brand scents range from $25.00 to $40.50MX, today.

I also buy several bottles at a time, if the prices is right, and store them for future use.

As a treat, I also bought bottle, 250ml, of Plum body gel on sale at the Body Shop for about $200MX.

The new idea is to put the shampoo and the Bath Gel into a spray bottles and add water. I like this idea because I think it allows you to be more precise in the amount of Shampoo or Gel you use.


 We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.