Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, February 6, 2020

Throw Together Cucumber Sandwiches

I am in Cucumber heaven!!


My cucumber quick pickles came out great.

The cucumber water was refreshing and the water seemed to keep the cucumber slices crisp. So, I grabbed a few slices to make a sandwich and then, I added more water to the jar.

I also grabbed some:

Cream cheese
2 Slices of multi-grain bread
some Basil
some Paprika
Ground black pepper


After slathering the bread slices with cream cheese, I topped the cheese with a few cucumber slices.

Then, I sprinkled the slices with crushed basil and paprika. I added a few grinds of ground black pepper and slapped the two pieces of bread together. No way am I going to cut of the crusts, they are the best part.



I cut the sandwich into quarters and ate them.


They were good. There are many ways to make cucumber sandwiches, maybe someday I will try some of those variations.

I had a lot of fun using one cucumber to make five different recipes.

#GERD-friendly if you use little to no ground black pepper. 



1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.