Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Slightly Obsessing Over Overnight Oats

Ok, Ok, I know this is a bit obsessive but the light bulb finally went off.

Ok, I can't use the canned carrots here in Mexico for Jack Monroe's Carrot Cake Overnight Oats because I can't wash out the spicy, sour flavorings.




So, I thought cooking a batch of snack carrots would be a good idea for two reasons.

I can make carrots soft enough for an overnight oats recipe and use up the snack carrots since I usually can't finish a small bag of snack carrots before they get stale.

So, I did, and along with other variations, I made Carrot Overnight Oats.


Carrot Overnight Oats
(Adapted from Jack Monroe's Carrot Cake Overnight Oats)

Ingredients:



6-12 small snack carrots
Water
Rolled oats
Raisins
Cinnamon
Honey
Milk made from powdered milk


Process:

In a glass bowl, add 12 snack carrots and cover them with water and a bit more.
Put the bowl in the microwave and use a plate as a lid.
Cook carrots on high for 6 minutes.

Get another small bowl with a lid.


 I eyeballed the measurement of the ingredients.


Drain carrots.
Add 6 cooked snack carrots.
Mash carrots with a fork.
Cover them with a layer of rolled oats.
Add raisins.
Add enough milk to soak the oats.
Add cinnamon and honey, then stir the mixture thoroughly.
Put the lid on the bowl and placed it in the frig.

  In the morning, upon making a serving, add more milk if necessary.

#GERD-friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.