Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Friday, September 13, 2019

Recetas de Una Mujer Maya Moderna Delivery to Mexico

Recetas de Una Mujer Maya Moderna Delivery

Shipping to and from Mexico

I am using this situation to illustrate some of the difficulties in receiving or sending packages internationally to or from Mexico.

I have used Amazon and received about half of my orders. So, I no longer have my orders shipped to Mexico, they are shipped to my U.S. address. 

On 3/13/19, I ordered two copies of Recetas de Una Mujer Maya, a small cookbook, from Blurb/MagCloud (http://www.magcloud.com/). One was shipped to a U.S. address, the other to Mexico.

The U.S. delivery was received on 3/16/2019 and the book arrived in good condition.


In regards to my copy of Recetas de Una Mujer Maya Moderna, Blurb/MagCloud used the U.S. Postal Service to ship the package.

According to Blurb/MagCloud's tracking function, the package did arrive in Mexico but I never received it. Plus, I could never find a way to locate the package through the Mexican Post Office, Correos de Mexico.

I contacted Blurb/MagCloud via email on 7/12/2019. They shipped me another copy via UPS and I received it on 7/24/2019. It arrived in good condition.









I have used Fedex for many years and have had numerous issues with deliveries and shipments in Mexico. While I have received all my packages, most get held up at a customs office where I have to go and have them examine the contents.

This month Fedex held up a package and did not notify me. I only discovered the problem after contacting the recipient to find they had not received the package.

After using Fedex's tracking function which gave me no useful information. I had to contact the Fedex help number three times. One, to find out where the package went and two, to find out why it was never shipped. The situation got so complicated, I had to take the package with me to the states and have it sent from there.
It is important to learn the intricacies of sending and receiving packages in Mexico. Things are always changing.

Fedex Mexico - https://www.fedex.com/es-mx/customer-support.html

Correo Mexico - https://www.correosdemexico.com.mx/Paginas/Inicio.aspx

UPS - https://www.ups.com/mx/es/Home.page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.