(adapted from: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/quesadilla/)
This recipe was another "Use What You Got" recipe. About all I had were tortillas, cheese, radishes, two apples, onions, carrots, a squash, and a yogurt (not counting some canned goods).
Also, I was in a hurry, so, it was time to learn how to make Quesadillas.
While it easy to make these Quesadillas, you need to be fast because the Tortilla will cook quickly. I use an electric stove top, so once it gets hot, it's really hot and turning it down seems almost impossible.
1-2 dollops olive oil
4 flour tortillas
4 Tablespoons grated cheese (I used Gouda.)
4 Tspns olives (no pits), sliced
4 Tspns mushrooms, canned
black pepper per taste.
Note: Tspn = Teaspoon
Gather ingredients before you start.
Grate cheese and slice the olives.
Place ingredients on a plate for easy access.
|Picture shows ingredients for one Quesadilla|
- Add a dollop of oil in a small skillet.
- As oil begins to get hot, add one tortilla.
- Flip the tortilla so both sides are lightly-coated with oil.
- Flip the tortilla so both sides get a slightly brown.
- As the tortilla begins to puff up, add 1 Tablespoon cheese to one-half of tortilla.
- Top the cheese with 1 Tspn of olives.
- Add 1 Tspn of mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Then fold the tortilla.
- It should be done in seconds.
- Check to see if the underside is brown.
|Tortilla is puffing up.|
|Add ingredients on one side of Tortilla|
|Fini!, It's Done.|
There are many different recipes for Quesadillas. Some with lots of fillings. Some with side condiments. Buen Provecho! (Enjoy your meal!).