Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Sunday, November 17, 2019

Sweet Iced Neth with Spices (Faux Mango Lassi)

Ethan Phillips (Neelix) and William J. Birnes have created a delightful cookbook. Ethan / Neelix uses his experiences as chef on Star Trek Voyager to talk about various "recipes" he made during the show and recipes he gathered from crew members from all the Star Trek series.

It's like an anthropological cookbook because Ethan / Neelix weaves in stories about the history of the recipe and the ingredients. I must say I am glad that I don't really need any bloodworms or bugs to make most of these recipes.

For Sweet Iced Neith, Ethan / Neelix talks of his family adventures exploring the countryside near their home, discovering "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page."

I rarely have all the ingredients called for in a recipe and I often want to make a smaller amount.

In this recipe, I used ingredient ideas from two Star Trek Cookbook recipes, Sweet Iced Neth and Spiced Iced Neth.


Sweet Iced Neth with Spices (Faux Mango Lassi)
(Adapted from: the Star Trek Cookbook)


Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Yogurt, plain
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Tspn Ginger powder
1/2 Tspn Cardamon powder
1/4 Tspn Cumin powder
5 Full TBspns Canned Mango juice with pulp, crushed
1 TBspn Honey


In a large glass, add ingredients.
Use the spoon to smash the mango pulp.
Stir and mix ingredients well.







 #GERD-friendly - this recipe is GERD-friendly for me, if I use lactose-free milk.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.