Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Microwave: Faux Shepherd's Pie - Single Serviing

I have gotten into the habit of reviewing the contents of my frig to see what I can use to make what recipes in order to use up my leftovers.

Looking at my leftovers of black beans, and mixed vegetables with cheese, I thought, what could I do with them?

Why not try to make a Faux Shepherd's Pie?

So, without any recipe as a guide, I just guessed and I made one. I expected it to be uneatable mush. Instead, it was great!


I added some links below to some real recipes for Shepherd's Pie for your information.


Microwave: Faux Shepherd's Pie - Single Serving


Ingredients:

Instant Potatoes

Hot water
Milk
Black pepper
A few drops of hot sauce
Parsley, dry
Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
Canned or frozen mixed vegetables (La Huerta Guarnición de Verduras: Coliflor, Brocolí, Elote y Zanahoria)
Mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese


Pre-preparation:

Instant Potatoes
Make a small batch of instant potatoes with instant potatoes, hot water, milk, black pepper, a few drops of hot sauce, and parsley.
Add more potatoes, if too thin.
Add more milk, if too thick.
Mix well.


Mixed Vegetables with Cheese
In another small bowl, fill 1/2 with mixed vegetables.
Add several TBspns of shredded mozzarella cheese or other cheese.
Mix well.
Microwave on high for 2 - 4 minutes. May take longer if vegetables are frozen.
Remove and stir well.

 

 Process:

With a tablespoon, add a layer of mashed potatoes on the bottom of a small dessert bowl.
Then, add a layer of black beans.
Next, add a layer of mixed vegetables.
 Top it all with a layer of mashed potatoes.

Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top.
Microwave on high (covered) for 2 minutes.


Real Shepherd's Pie Recipes

No-Fuss Shepherd's pie | BBC Good Food

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/no-fuss-shepherds-pie

Shepherd's Pie
https://www.recipetineats.com/shepherds-pie/

Easiest Shepherd's Pie
https://www.thespruceeats.com/easiest-shepherds-pie-recipe-435776

Wikipedia - Shepherd's Pie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepherd%27s_pie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.