Quote

"I cannot live without books: but fewer will suffice where amusement, and not use, is the only future object." -- Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Mini Yogurt and Dried Blueberries Popsicles

Mini Yogurt and Dried Blueberries Popsicles

I want to increase my popsicle repertoire.



Ingredients:

2 cup measuring cup
Small popsicle tray with 6 molds & lids/handles

1 8oz Yogurt, plain
2 TBspns Dried Blueberries
Dribble of honey
Dab of peanut butter, optional





Process:

Add all but a dollop of yogurt to measuring cup
Add blueberries
Add honey
Stir with a spoon.


Note: I did not use the milk. I thought I might need it.

I mixed the dollop of yogurt in an almost empty peanut butter jar to try and salvage the remains. I swirled it around, stirred it and scraped the bottom and sides. Then, I poured the mixture into the measuring cup and stirred it together with the other ingredients.

I used the spoon to scoop up a few of the blueberries and poured them into one of the molds. I repeated this five more times.

Then, I poured the remaining yogurt mixture evenly into the six slots in the mold trying to leave a small space at the top of each.

Then, I added the lids and put the container in the freezer to freeze overnight.

In the morning, I got a bowl of hot water and let the frozen popsicle mold sit in the water for a few seconds. But, I was impatient, so I took the mold out and held it over the sink and poured the hot water over the top and sides of the mold.



It worked, I was able to release a popsicle with a few wiggles of the popsicle handle.



The popsicle was frozen and tasted good. That little bit of peanut butter really added flavor.

My popsicles are small, just a few bites but it is the perfect size for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to write a comment. I love to hear from my visitors.